The Vision of King’s Park is to be a City on a Hill and a Light to the Nations.
We are trusting God to raise $300,000. Will you prayerfully consider a generous contribution to the VISION of King’s Park?
King’s Park’s Vision Fund has two major categories:
City on a Hill category focuses on ministry opportunities inside King’s Park and focuses on our local community. We are believing to raise $150,000 for these projects.
- Next Generation:
- Children: raising funds for technology and curriculum investment,
- Youth: helping fund summer missions for King’s Park Youth
- College Students: Ministry on local campuses
- Life Center: inner-city ministry to children and families at the Cornwallis Housing community.
- Family Ministry: Building out new strategies for ministry to Men, Women, Marriage and Young Professionals
- Building projects as needed.
- Sunday Morning Worship Experience: upgrading equipment to enhance the worship experience.
Light to the Nations category focuses on our projects and needs outside of the King’s Park community. We are believing to raise $150,000 for these projects.
- Compassion: Supporting orphans through the African Children’s Choir and the Adoption Fund. We have also recently helped fund the House of Mercy Clothing Closet & Food Pantry connected with our Hispanic congregation and the Refugee outreach in our Raleigh congregation.
- Church Planting: Supporting current and future site congregations or church plants, both national and international, including Chicago, New York, Taiwan and site congregations. We also set aside funds to be available for future sites or church plants.
- Jordan Lewis Missions (JLM) is a ministry of King’s Park established to honor the life and legacy of Jordan Lewis. JLM supports indigenous ministry teams focused on reaching unreached people groups (UPG’s) who have yet to hear about Jesus. Currently JLM is targeting 25 UPG’s in China. We’re also working in North Korea to see 400,000 hear the Gospel before Easter 2018 and help 10,000 orphaned children find a safe home and salvation. Across the Middle East we are impacting the refugee community with the Gospel and have recently been asked to help Christians in Saudi Arabia reach their nation and 24 UPG’s in the Arabian Peninsula.
Many of these Light to the Nations projects have been funded through Commission, which focused on joining together as a community to advance God’s mission in the Triangle and around the globe. Commission projects have included a variety of ways we share the Gospel and advance God’s kingdom to our world around us. Our new VISION Fund will replace the annual focus of fundraising for Commission.