King’s Park Reality Youth’s mission is to partner with parents to see students Know God, Grow Together, Discover their Purpose and Make a Difference.
Our youth group has resumed meeting on Wednesday nights from 7-8:30 PM. The meeting is outside if the weather is over 50 degrees and inside the Fellowship Hall if it is under 50 degrees. The Friday meetings have been canceled. Parents, click here to be added to the Youth email list to get the details for attending.
Resources for Families:
- 5 Ways to Kill Warmth in Your Family (and how to rebuild it): click here
- Naming loss and gratitude with young people in these uncertain days: click here
- You version studies are awesome and the family can do them together: I personally like: Francis Chan Book of James: 12 day video bible study
- Serve as a whole family. Writing letters to people living in nursing homes (WHO says there is no evidence that COVID-19 is spread through the mail). Parents can donate blood. Food banks are looking for donations and hospitals are in need of mask and glove donations. For more ideas: click here
- Book recommendation- Loving Our Kids on Purpose: Making a Heart-to-Heart Connection Book by Danny Silk.
- Book recommendation: Gen Z Unfiltered: facing the nine hidden challenges of the most anxious generation by Tim Elmore. This is an awesome book, Tim Elmore also has great resources on “Growing Leaders.” two articles from that site below:
- Visible Signs of Stress in Students—and How to Spot Them:click here
- Parents Guide to Healthy Conversations During the Coronavirus Outbreak: 8 free conversation starters: click here
- Encourage your kids to be active; going on walks, practicing sports, riding a bike, etc. If you have any art/craft supplies around the house pull them out for some creative activities. Try out new recipes with your teen. Orient screen time around video chats and family time like a movie night.