Please visit this page for the most updated information regarding changes at the church. [Last update: 5/21/2020]
Here are this week’s updates to this page. Find specific details in the sections below. See the bottom of this page for changes to event dates.
- [5/21/2020] Prayer event added
- [5/13/2020] Blood Drive
5/6/20 Update: We miss being together in person! And, while we can’t move back to Odyssey Drive just yet, we are already planning for when that happens. We’re working hard to make sure we can all worship safely when we return, which will likely be during phase 3 of the reopening. Until then, we will continue to gather online and glorify God together virtually! Stay tuned for more updates on our social media and here in the eNews.
Church will be held online only. Our doors will be closed, but we look forward to worshipping with you every week during our live stream. Watch us here on the website, on our Facebook page or on YouTube Sunday at 10AM. The video recording will remain available online and you can also listen to the podcast.
- On Friday, May 29 at 11 AM, the leaders of the UNITE714 Prayer Movement will host a Global Prayer Event to celebrate Pentecost. Let’s join believers from around the world for prayer and worship to celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit and the birth of the church. They’ll broadcast live on Facebook and Youtube.
- We will host a daily prayer conference call using the content from our UNITE714. To participate, call 919-551-8101. Schedule: Monday – Saturday 12pm – 12:30pm | Sunday 9am – 9:30am
If you need prayer or pastoral care, please use the King’s Park Pastoral Care form.
- Life Groups are continuing. Please check kingspark.org/groups to find one.
- If you are a Life Group leader, we encourage you to use Zoom or Google Hangouts to keep your group going even when you can’t meet in person.
We love our kids! We will include a video lesson for your children each Sunday. Please visit kingspark.org/kids to watch.
Our youth group has been meeting Sundays at 2 and Wednesdays at 7 via Zoom. Parents, click here to be added to the Youth email list to make sure you have access to the Zoom links.
If you’re interested in using your gifts and talents to serve our church and community, Growth Track is the first step. We invite you to attend Growth Track from home via Zoom Chat on Sundays at 12:15. Visit the Growth Track page for instructions.
You can continue to give securely online through PushPay. You can give a one-time gift or set up recurring giving. You can also mail in your gift to King’s Park International Church, PO Box 13892, Durham, NC 27709. Look for an update on our Vision Fund soon.
We encourage you to continue serving our local community! Here are the current opportunities:
- Join us for another blood drive on May 29th from 3PM-8PM. The Blood Connection will have mobile units set up outside the Upper Lobby and all donors will receive a $20 Visa gift card. They will also perform a COVID-19 antibody test. The donations will stay here in NC and supply our local hospitals with blood. Sign up here to donate.
- Our Hispanic congregation, Celebracion Cristiana, distributes food to our community every Thursday from their food pantry, House of Mercy. They typically receive donations from grocery stores and purchase items from the food bank, but they are receiving less because of the increased consumer demand. If you are able to purchase extra food and drop it off to House of Mercy on Thursday, please fill out this form. If you have any questions, email email@example.com. Click here to contribute financially to House of Mercy.
- Durham Congregations in Action has created one form for people who are able to deliver meals or supplies to others in Durham. You can sign up here to volunteer to deliver meals. You will see there are also options to receive payment or barter for delivery services.
STAY CONNECTED ONLINE
- Sign up for our eNewsletter
- Our Women’s Facebook group
- Our King’s Park Community on Facebook
- Use the following hashtags: #kingsparkdurham #kingsparkathome
The following canceled events have been rescheduled:
- Men’s Brunch “Marriage, Sex and Parenting” – now Saturday, June 20th