We’re excited about the opportunity to meet together at the church again. Please review these guidelines as you consider joining us in person.
It’s important for all of us to consider the following:
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and is reported to be extremely contagious. The state of medical knowledge is ever-evolving, but the virus is believed to spread from person-to-person contact and/or by contact with contaminated surfaces and objects, and even in the air. People reportedly can be infected and show no symptoms and therefore spread the disease. The exact methods of spread and contraction are unknown, and there is no known treatment, cure, or vaccine for COVID-19. Evidence has shown that COVID-19 can cause serious and potentially life-threatening illness and even death. King’s Park International Church cannot prevent me or my family members from becoming exposed to, contracting, or spreading COVID-19 while on the Church’s property or when participating in the Church’s programs. Therefore, by entering the King’s Park International Church facility or participating in one of its programs, I acknowledge that I may be exposing myself and my family members to and/or increasing my/our risk of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
Guidelines for Attending Service In-Person:
- We are asking everyone who attends service in person to honor Governor Cooper’s mandate to wear masks when in public.
- Watch from home at kingspark.org/live and do not attend an in-person gathering at the church if any of the following descriptions apply:
- You have had a fever of 100.4 or higher in the past 14 days
- You have had exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- You have any medical reason you believe you shouldn’t be around others
- Remain seated after service until your section is dismissed. We will dismiss section by section and row by row.
- Practice social distancing at all times (even during worship).
- Bathrooms will be open in the Family Lobby and the Baptismal Lobby. We encourage you to use the restroom before service, if possible. If you have to use the restroom during service, please use the ones in the Baptismal Lobby.
- We encourage you to keep fellowship to a minimum before and after service. We have set up space for you to connect outdoors.
- Greet your friends with a wave or “air” hug to avoid contact.
- Please make use of the hand sanitizer stations you will find throughout the Family Lobby.
- Please bring your own water bottle since water fountains are closed.
- Please sign up for online giving or place your offering envelope in the giving box on the welcome desk in the Family Lobby.
- Stay updated by joining our email list.
Our COVID-19 Protocols:
- Our HVAC system has been deep cleaned and the filters we use have the same filtration as the N95 masks (0.3 microns).
- We will continue our shortened Sunday morning service.
- Staff and volunteers will be wearing masks.
- Hand-sanitizing stations will be available throughout the building.
- All high-volume areas will be thoroughly sanitized before and after service.
- We will not offer Kids Ministry at this time.
- No water fountains will be open or usable.
- No hospitality food or beverages will be offered.
- We will not pass offering buckets. Instead, there will be boxes available for you to give. We also encourage you to continue giving online.
- All seatback materials, papers, and pens will be removed.
- Temperature checks for staff and volunteers.
- Greeters will wear masks and not hug or shake hands.
- We will follow a specific traffic flow in and out of the sanctuary. Floors have been marked and our greeters and ushers will guide you as you enter and exit. You can view the map here.
Kids and Youth
We have not resumed kids ministry. Your entire family is welcome to attend church with you in the sanctuary, and we encourage you to continue watching the online videos with your children. Our youth have transitioned from Zoom calls to weekly backyard gatherings with social distancing protocols in place. Visit kingspark.org/youth to sign up for the youth parent email list.
King’s Park at Home
Our livestream will continue on Youtube and kingspark.org/live. We encourage you to continue attending online if you or a family member doesn’t feel well, or if you’re just not ready to attend church in the sanctuary. You’re part of the King’s Park family no matter where you choose to attend! We also invite you to join our online community and women’s group on Facebook.
We Want to Pray for You
We understand how hard this season has been and we’re praying for God’s guidance and wisdom in all of the choices you face in the weeks ahead. If you need prayer or any other pastoral care, please visit our Pastoral Care page.