King’s Park International Church is a multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in the RTP/Durham area of North Carolina, searching for an experienced worship leader who is skilled in leading people across generations and cultures in engaging corporate worship.
Are you passionate about building a truly “blended” worship team that is multi-generational and multi-cultural to lead with many different types of style? As the overseer of Worship, the Worship Director will bring both musical and worship gifting to lead the worship team members as they lead the attendees into healthy, consistent worship of Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Father. If you love people and enjoy recruiting and training new worship leaders and team members then you’ll love this position.
Successful candidates must have proven ability as a worship leader and a passion for worship and discipleship. Candidates must also be Christ-followers, willing to lead in accordance with the vision, mission and values of King’s Park.
The Worship Director oversees the vocal, band and production teams, providing worship leadership to our weekly services and special events. To be successful as the Worship Director, candidates should be musically gifted and committed to developing our volunteers and the congregation in worship. Most importantly, the Worship Director should have a genuine desire and vision to lead worship for a multi-ethnic, multi-generational church.
You Also Might Have:
- Experience in the fine arts such as plays, set design and special events planning.
- Working knowledge of live sound engineering and recording.
- Experience building a small team into a large team with subgroups within it.
- Provide leadership and pastoral care to vocalists, band and production volunteer teams, as well as any staff assigned to these departments
- Provide for worship and production during the weekend service and special events
- Oversee the broadcast elements of our weekend service
- Guide the worship department in preparation of stage design to support events and sermon series
- Develop and implement strategies for building worship among the Next Generation departments (Kids and Youth) and Campus groups
- Develop and implement strategies for expanding the Creative Arts ministry at King’s Park
- Serve with the Lead Pastor as a member of the Core Leadership Team, which provides strategic guidance and oversight to the staff and ministries of the church
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Christ-centered leadership abilities
- Strong team-building, pastoral and technical skills
- Associate’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Prior worship leading experience.
- Current King’s Park member or required to participate in first cycle upon being hired.
Hours: 40 hours per week, Weekend service, evening rehearsals and Monday through Thursday 10-3 (office hours) availability, remaining schedule is flexible
Candidates should send a resume and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.