The PMO Substitute Teacher will assist parents and the King’s Park PMO program by ministering to children; maintaining their hygiene; monitoring them for health, behavioral, and emotional concerns; providing them with age-appropriate instruction; and working with parents to ensure that children are learning and socializing in a God-honoring and positive way.
- Maintain a Christ-centered lifestyle, godly character, a professional appearance, and a strong work ethic at all times.
- Provide basic care for children, such as setting schedules and routines, grooming, feeding and changing diapers.
- Assist with sterilizing toys and play areas and other duties to ensure that the children are in a safe, engaging and clean environment.
- Teach the approved Parent’s Morning Out curriculum to the children.
- Minister to the children: pray for them, teach the Bible, model and encourage Christ-like attitudes and behavior, etc.
- Develop and encourage God-honoring, age-appropriate learning and socialization to ensure children learn basic skills and concepts, such as communication, manners, sharing, etc.
- Maintain a safe workplace by monitoring children for health, behavioral and emotional issues and reporting concerns to PMO director and parents.
- Help children discover new interests by introducing them to art, music, sports
andother potential hobbies.
- Ensure children are learning God-honoring, positive behaviors and providing guidance or approved discipline, as needed.
- Prepare children to enter the next level of care or for entry into school.
- Collaborate with other colleagues.
- Work with parents to help children progress towards educational and behavioral goals.
- 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma
- A valid driver’s license and transportation to and from work
- Pass Criminal Background Check
Hours: Must be available as needed; Tuesdays, Wednesdays and/or Thursdays
Reports to Parent’s Morning Out Director, Marybeth Jorge
Compensation: $12 per hour