We are looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude. Candidates should be able to support pastoral leadership and members of the congregation by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail and e-mail, making reservations or travel arrangements and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the office. Candidates should have a broad awareness of software and online applications for document & slide deck preparation, photo & video editing and social media support.
To be successful as a Pastoral Assistant, candidates should be professional, polite and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. Pastoral Assistant must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks and excel at both verbal and written communication. Most importantly, Pastoral Assistant should have a genuine desire to help ministry advance by whatever means possible.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts on behalf of the Senior Minister, scheduling for meetings and travel.
- Handling support tasks, such as generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Screening phone calls and routing callers to the appropriate party.
- Using computers to generate reports, transcribe minutes from meetings, create presentations and conduct research.
- Managing projects on behalf of the Senior Minister
- Maintain polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail and mail.
- Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
- Supporting the activities of the Senior Minister, including social media, organizing All-Staff gatherings and meetings of the King’s Park Board and Elders.
- Associate’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience
- Prior administrative experience.
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Commitment to confidentiality of private information
Hours: 40+ hours per week
|Posting date:||September 10, 2018|
|Application period:||September 10-21, 2018|
|Interview period:||September 24 – October 5, 2018|
|Start date:||October 15, 2018|
Interested: Candidates should send a resume and statement of interest to email@example.com.